Hydraulic attachments for C&D and scrap applications are an integral category of equipment for recyclers, demolition contractors, and others charged with size reduction and handling of metals, rebar, concrete, asphalt wood, and a wide range of materials. Our Annual Attachments Guide is a snapshot of the latest model shears, grapples, buckets and multi/demolition tools available from the industry's key manufacturers. Each company included below provides a wide range of attachments for various applications.
Link-Belt Scrap Grapples
Link-Belt LSG Series Scrap Grapples and LCG Series Contractor Handling Grapples are designed for scrap handling, construction and demolition sorting, and bulk material handling.
• Available in four models.
• Reverse-mounted cylinders protect rods from damage.
• Multiple tine and spade styles; all tine styles feature fully boxed construction.
• Heavy-duty guarding system.
• Identical hardened steel bearings with dust seals at all pivot points.
• Large-bore hydraulic cylinders.
• High-torque continuous 360-degree rotation.
• Abrasion-resistant steel tips are easily replaced.
Allu Bucket Crusher
Allu's AC-Series is a bucket crusher designed for a heavy range of crushing applications including concrete, demolition, recycling and quarrying.
• For excavators from 10 to 33 tons.
• Easily adjusted to the desired output size with a single pin change.
• Able to start the crusher even when fully loaded.
• Able to run in reverse, avoiding jams and the bridging of material.
• Easy to maintain and to replace wear parts.
Gensco Scrap and Demolition Grapples
Gensco's RS and RSM Series has been designed to handle C&D, rocks, structural scrap, demo debris, loose bundles or oddly shaped material.
• Full 360-degree rotation, dangling adaptor or flex mount 2-Pin quick attach interchangeable hydraulic coupler.
• Powerful, optimized and custom shapes enable any application or material.
• Optimized and protected cylinders with breaking system or thousands of cycles.
• Easily changeable shovel or digging tips for increased productivity and less downtime.
• Optional 24 or 230V DC Electro-magnet installed.
Indeco North America Multi Grabs
Indeco North America's new IMG Series of Multi Grabs (grapples) are designed to meet the most demanding material handling, sorting, recycling and demolition requirements. Featuring five different models in a variety of sizes to accommodate all major excavator brands, the IMG Series now runs on the same hydraulic system as the excavator.
• Full 360-degree rotation.
• High-pressure hydraulic cylinder for better gripping force and demolition performance.
• Interchangeable and synchronized jaws to handle multiple applications.
Kinshofer Mobile Shear
Kinshofer's DXS50 mobile shear has been engineered to deliver maximum force, excellent speed and the lowest weight ratio.
• For a wide variety of tasks including demolition, scrap processing and tire recycling.
• Equipped with DemaPower 2.0 hydraulic cylinder technology, delivering 25 percent more power than conventional cylinders of the same size, yet with faster cycle times.
• Four types of shears available for mounting on 18-80 ton excavators.
• Performance equivalent to shears two sizes up.
Doosan Rock Bucket
Doosan rock buckets are designed for use with wheel loaders in challenging applications including municipal waste and C&D recycling.
• Deliver improved digging and bucket filling.
• Reinforced mounting plates offer added durability.
• Spade-nose-style design.
• Features pin-on mounting and standard weld-on teeth.
LaBounty Multi-Jaw Demolition Tool
LaBounty's Multi-Jaw Demolition Tool (MRX) is designed for efficient downsizing and is equipped with 360-degree rotation for both primary and secondary demolition and offsite concrete processing.
• Short centre of gravity for optimal control and maneuverability.
• Interchangeable jaw with options for a concrete pulverizer, concrete cracker, or shear.
• Open lower jaw, which improves penetration and rapidly downsizes material; wide jaw for efficiency.
• Dual rotation motors with superior holding power and durability.
Epiroc Concrete Busters
Epiroc CB 5500 and CB 7500 Concrete Busters are designed for carriers in the 50 to 85 tons weight class, offering cracking forces of 150 tonnes and 190 tonnes, respectively.
• Jaw openings are 1,600 mm and 1,800 mm.
• Ideal for demolishing thick foundation walls, as well as cracking girders and heavy concrete at extreme heights.
• Two powerful hydraulic cylinders deliver virtually continuous closing force.
• Integrated speed valve gives faster working cycles.
• Two independently moving jaws eliminate displacement force.
• Can be used in residential areas where hydraulic breakers are not permitted.
Genesis Multi-Jaw Demolition Tool
The Razer X Multi-Jaw Demolition Tool (GRX) from Genesis Attachments enables excavator operators to change jaw sets in less than two minutes without leaving the cab.
• Hydraulic pin engagement and removal for faster and safer jaw change-outs.
• Available in cracker, shear and pulverizer jaw configurations.
• Heavy-duty pivot design is integral to the jaw set, providing a power curve to match the jaw's primary application.
• Reverse-mounted cylinder protects the rod from debris.
NPK Concrete Crushers
NPK Construction Equipment concrete crushers are designed to effectively handle any primary and/or secondary demolition and recycling operation.
• Models for use with excavators in the 21- to 50-ton range.
• Abrasion-resistant, high-strength-alloy steel teeth decreases wear and increases durability.
• Optional 360-degree power rotation for maximum versatility.
• Exclusive hydraulic intensifier system provides faster cycle times compared with units using larger cylinders.
• Bolt-on replaceable tooth plate on the movable jaw.
• "A" models also utilize bolt-on tooth plate on the fixed jaw.
Geith Quick Coupler
The G4 quick coupler from Geith includes a variable pin centre design which allows operators to easily pick up and swap the widest range of OEM attachments.
• Can reverse buckets.
• Multi-pin pickup system.
• Front and rear safety locks backed up by two powerful springs retain the attachment rear pin in case of cylinder failure.
• Powerful spring-activated safety locks work in all dirty environments.
• Curl-to-release control system.
• No greasing requirement, less maintenance and fewer replacement parts.
BTI Fixed Head Hydraulic Pulverizer
BTI's MCP-IT fixed head hydraulic pulverizer is designed for secondary demolition.
• Quick cycle times and strategically placed teeth for fast fragmentation and separation of rebar from the concrete.
• Unique speed alternates between power and speed, depending on the load.
• Openings of the fixed body make the unloading of demolished material easier.
MB Crusher Crusher Buckets
MB S.P.A.'s MB-L Series Crusher Bucket is suitable for skid-steer loaders, compact track loaders and backhoes.
• Four models for carriers ranging from 5 to 10 tons.
• Use the hydraulics of the carrier.
• Easy to transport, compact, easy to use and low maintenance.
• Can also be equipped with a dust suppressor.
Kenco Slab Crab Bucket
The Kenco Slab Crab is designed for removing concrete slabs and bridge decks.
• Models can accommodate slabs ranging from 4 to 19 inches thick.
• Available for excavators from 5,000 to 150,000 pounds.
• Serrated teeth line the upper jaws to prevent slabs from sliding.
• Models are available in sizes to fit backhoe loaders.
• Available as a direct pin-on or to attach with our WedgeBolt Coupler System.
• Custom models are available.
Cat Mobile Shears
Cat mobile scrap shears are available as a straight shear or with rotation.
• Optimal jaw and knife design: The dual apex jaw design and bigger jaw opening of these shears offer more strength and a more efficient cut, especially at cutting profiles.
• Built to last: The S2000/3000-series are manufactured from alloy steel with superior yield and tensile strength, and with a hardness that's substantially greater than T1-type steel. RPN
This Attachments Guide was originally published in the May/June 2020 edition of Recycling Product News, Volume 28, Number 4.
2004 Buck Ln
25 Kimberly Road, , Suite A
East Brunswick, NJ
53 Carlaw Ave
CA, M4M 2R6
2905 Shawnee Industrial Way
538 Hwy 2
Two Harbors, MN
1025 Tristar Drive
CA, L5T 1W5
289 562 0100
135 RESEARCH DRIVE
1000 Genesis Drive
5040 Mainway drive, Unit #11
Burlington, Ontario, ON
CA, L7L 7G5
7550 Independence Drive
Walton Hills, OH
2905 Shawnee Industrial Way
PO Box 130
35 Elgin Street
CA, N0H 2P0
8730 Technology Way
170 State Route 271
100 North East Adams Street