Recycling industry returns to New Orleans for scrap sector’s largest gathering
The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries to host Annual Convention & Exposition April 22-27
The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI), the Voice of the Recycling Industr, will hold ISRI2017, the association’s annual convention and exposition April 22-27 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. This annual event brings together thousands of scrap recycling professionals, industry experts, manufacturers, and consumers from all 50 states and more than 40 countries. There they will discuss the latest in the global scrap recycling business and evaluate the state-of-the-art equipment, products, and services used by the industry.
“More than 4,000 people from around the world are anticipated to attend ISRI2017 in New Orleans. It is expected to be the largest ISRI Convention and Exposition since 2014, and the largest we ever held in New Orleans,” said Robin Wiener, president of ISRI. “With the industry adapting to an evolving recycling stream, the introduction of new technology, and the potential for market growth, this year’s convention promises to be one of the most dynamic. Every commodity, including metals, electronics, paper, plastics, and tire and rubber will be covered in-depth with opportunities for attendees to network, build business connections around the world, and take home knowledge to improve their business.”
New Orleans hosted the ISRI Convention and Exposition in past years, including 1990, 2005, and 2007. Highlights this year include:
- Opera singer, TV host, executive producer, narrator, and philanthropist Mike Rowe headlining the Closing General Session on Thursday, April 27;
- An exhibit hall with around 300 exhibitors and suppliers offering the latest technology and services;
- A dedicated Plastics Business and Operations Summit, and Paper Stock Industries Paper Summit SPECtacular;
- Expert speakers on commodities markets, international trade, safety, business operations and management, technology, industry trends, and more;
- Presentation of the Design for Recycling Award to EcoStrate;
- Lifetime Achievement Awards to industry greats Dr. Herschel Cutler and Crawford Carpenter;
- Workshops on the hottest trends in the industry including the changing recycling stream, MRF operations, and more;
- A celebration of ISRI’s 30th Anniversary;
- And much, much more.
The full schedule for the 2017 ISRI Convention & Expo, is available at www.isriconvention.org.
More from Electronics Recycling
But we've been successfully sorting paper on the front end with optical sorters since 2005. Why have we been so successful? Because we know it's not JUST about the optical. We focus on your entire operation, so you make the most of your fiber line. Is your optical sorter living up to its potential? Call us at 203-967-1100 for a free system evaluation.
With an Acculoader automatic loading system, even smaller yards can take advantage of surging overseas demand for containerized scrap metal
Traditionally, recyclers across Canada have sent a huge percentage of their recovered scrap metal to Hamilton, Ontario, or Pennsylvania in the U.S., via open-top rail cars and truck trailers. The scrap is then melted down and turned into new steel. This is still the case for much of our scrap steel, but recently the growing trend toward containerization has introduced new opportunities for efficient, cost-effective shipping of both non-ferrous and ferrous materials to overseas markets.