Page Transportation driver Mike Cuson wins 2022 ISRI Driver of the Year
The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI) has named Michael Cuson of Page Transportation, Inc. in Weedsport, N.Y. as the 2022 ISRI Driver of the Year award for completing 30 verifiable years of safe driving. Cuson will receive the award at the ISRI2022 Convention and Exposition on March 23.
"Mike's record speaks for itself," said Dan Titus, Page Transportation president. "If you weren't impressed with his resume, you would be by the way he cares for his equipment and those that operate around him. He is an exceptional example of what it means to be a Page driver."
"We are so happy to give this year's Driver of the Year Award to Mr. Cuson," said Tony Smith, ISRI's vice president of safety. "His 30 years of dedicated, accident-free service is exemplary. Mr. Cuson's 30 years of crash-free driving are highlighted by zero out-of-service violations. ISRI salutes the level of professionalism shown by Mr. Cuson. We thank you for taking the time to work safely every day,"
ISRI's Driver of the Year Award recognizes outstanding drivers who have driven a commercial vehicle for at least 20 years without incurring a preventable accident. The award is based on the following mandatory criteria:
- Nominations may be submitted by ISRI members in good standing.
- Nominees must be full-time employees whose primary responsibility is to operate a commercial motor vehicle.
- Nominees must be current employees of the nominating member company, and must be employed for at least 1 year (12 consecutive months).
- Nominations must be made by someone familiar with the nominee's work history, such as manager, safety director, etc.
- No more than 3 drivers may be nominated from the same member company.
- Nominees must meet the minimum requirement of 10 years of verifiable employment as a commercial motor vehicle driver.
Other criteria taken into account are the driver's contribution to highway safety (driver trainer), letters of appreciation, deeds of heroism on or off the job, and civic and fraternal organizations.