HG4000 horizontal grinder offers proven performance and efficiency
Vermeer’s HG4000 horizontal grinder offers proven performance and efficiency, using a 515-hp (384 kW) Fiat Powertrain Technologies diesel engine, and meets all U.S., Canadian and European Union emission regulations through selective catalytic reduction (SCR). According to Vermeer, the heart of the HG4000 is the patented Series II duplex drum, consisting of a 22.5-inch-diamter (57.2 cm) drum, nine hammers and 18 grinder tips that offer high-level cutting performance. This design decreases daily maintenance time while increasing the life of major wear components by providing the ability to reverse the grinder tips and hammers. Maintenance time is decreased by the ability to remove and replace single hammers along with the ability to externally balance the drum.
"One of the items we challenged our engineers with was improving the fuel-efficiency of the HG4000," says Jeff Bradley, Recycling and Forestry product manager at Vermeer. “The new system reduces horsepower demand devoted to cooling the engine, which results in additional horsepower available for the mill. This helps the HG4000 process more material with less fuel.”
Key features of the HG4000 horizontal grinder include:
- Range of reversible and interchangeable screen configurations, including a dual-screen system to boost processing efficiency while controlling final sizing needs.
- Patented SmartFeed system monitors engine rpm and adjusts grinding speed to increase productivity.
- Open-ended, wide infeed table makes material loading easy and efficient.
- To reduce material buildup around the machine, the HG4000 includes flared infeed table sidewalls, a round top infeed chain, 60-inch wide (152.4 cm) feed table and single-piece belly and discharge belt.
- Discharge conveyor can load a standard semitrailer with no need for auxiliary conveyors.