The Recycling Council of Alberta’s new session explores measuring the circular economy
The Recycling Council of Alberta is hosting the 2023 Circular Economy Conference. The event is set against the backdrop of the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and will be held from October 18 to 20, 2023.
The theme for this year's event is "There and Back Again: The Journey to Circularity." The theme and the event draw inspiration from The Lord of the Rings.
The event is three days long and will be filled with insights and engaging discussions. The RCA says that each session will offer a unique perspective on the circular economy.
One session, "One Cannot Just Say They Are Circular," has a lineup of speakers who will share their experiences about how critical it is to measure progress. With these measurements, companies can obtain reliable data and can learn how to utilize this data for informed decision-making.
Sessions for RCA's 2023 conference
- Sébastien Harvey and Mario Perron (Entropic) – Leveraging data to drive sustainable practices
- Catherine Tays (CSA Group) – Standardizing recycling in Canada: definitions, measuring, and reporting
- Lori Koebel (ABCRC) – ESG reporting
- Melissa Gorrie (Ecojustice / Waste Free Edmonton) - Ecojustice federal legal framework with accountability mechanisms
- Vicente Frias (Town of Banff) - Municipal waste dashboard
If you're interested in exploring the preliminary program or registering for the event, you can find the conference's website here.