Anthony Tillman presented with ISRI’s Driver of the Year Award at 2021 annual convention
The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI) presented Anthony Tillman with its 2021 ISRI Safe Driver of the Year Award for completing over 26 verifiable years of safe driving.
"Anthony has over two decades of safe driving experience," said ISRI Senior Safety Director Commodor Hall. "His track record illustrates Anthony's unwavering commitment to safety, as well as the commitment of his entire organization. ISRI is proud to recognize Anthony as the 2021 safe driver of the year and we thank him for his commitment to safety in the industry."
Anthony began his truck driving career in 1995. He joined ISRI member United Scrap Metal (USM), located in Cicero, Illinois in 2002. Anthony is a leader amongst the group at USM.
"Tony is not only a great driver, but he is also a hard worker who cares deeply about the safety of others and the environment," said United Scrap Metal Transportation Manager Javier Aquino. "He has always taken safety seriously, and he exhibits leadership qualities."
ISRI's Safe Driver of the Year Award, now in its ninth year, recognizes outstanding drivers who have driven a commercial vehicle for at least 20 years without incurring a preventable accident. The award is based on the following mandatory criteria:
- Nominations may be submitted only by ISRI members in good standing.
- Nominees must be full-time employees whose primary responsibility is to operate a commercial motor vehicle.
- Nominees must be current employees of the nominating member company and must be employed for at least 1 year (12 consecutive months).
- Nominations must be made by someone familiar with the nominee's work history, such as a manager, safety director, etc.
- Nominees must meet the minimum requirement of 10 years of verifiable employment as a commercial motor vehicle driver.
- Other criteria taken into account are the driver's contribution to highway safety (driver trainer), letters of appreciation, deeds of heroism on or off the job, and civic and fraternal organizations.
Anthony was presented with the Award virtually during ISRI's 2021 Convention and Exposition on April 20, 2021.