ISRI Safety Stand-Down aims to identify hazards, reduce risks and eliminate accidents in recycling
Wednesday June 17th is ISRI Safety Stand-Down Day
ISRI Stand-Down Day participation tips include:
- Appoint a coordinator to plan, organize, and manage your Stand Down Daysafety stand-down.
- Pick a good time throughout the day to host the event (avoid lunch and break times).
- Promote your safety stand-down (you want frontline employees to take the safety stand-down seriously).
- Cover the basics, it's the best logical place to start (go over key procedures and guidelines).
- Choose interesting and engaging topics and encourage feedback from frontline employees.
- Implement as many worker suggestions as you can (your frontline employees are in the trenches, so they have practical information to share).
- Continue to emphasize safety once the stand-down is over.
As part of Safety Stand-Down Day participation, ISRI members are encouraged to recap the number of employees trained, take photos of training, and provide a short summary of the training that was administered.
To celebrate the achievements, ISRI will place submitted photos and summaries of training activities on the ISRI Safety Website. Submitted photos will also be shared on ISRI's social media channels.
Submit a Stand-Down Day Activity here.