GFL Environmental diverted 1.2 million tons of material from landfills in 2019
The inaugural sustainability report details the company's approach to sustainability and its 2019 results
GFL Environmental Inc., a provider of environmental solutions in solid waste, infrastructure and soil remediation and liquid waste, has released its inaugural sustainability report. The report details the company's approach to sustainability and its 2019 results.
"Our first sustainability report is an opportunity for us to reflect on our achievements to date, take stock of where we are and what we offer today and to confirm our focus for the future. The depth, diversity and success that we have achieved does not happen overnight. It comes from sustainability being core to who we are, what we do and how we work - from our front line to our leadership," said Patrick Dovigi, GFL's Founder and CEO.
As highlighted in the report, GFL's corporate sustainability achievements in fiscal 2019 include:
• 3,153,304 tonnes CO2e of avoided emissions
• 1,169,370 tonnes of materials diverted from landfills
• 732,077 tonnes of materials recovered
• 3,700,000 tonnes of soil recycled
• 437,293 tonnes of organic waste processed
• 244,000,000 litres of used motor oil and antifreeze recycled