New formula to make liquid fuel from waste plastic
Natural State Research Inc., (NSR) announced earlier this year the discovery of a unique formula to make liquid fuel from waste plastic. According to the company, Dr. Moinuddin Sarker, NSR’s VP of R&D, and his team of research chemists have developed a formula to take most types of plastic and turn them into liquid fuel. 95 percent of the plastic is turned into liquid fuel while the remaining 5 percent can be used as a substitute for coal with a higher BTU value.
NSR says this new discovery has a triple benefit. First, plastic that would normally end up in a landfill will be down cycled. Second is the benefit of the fuel itself, for automobiles, trucks, aircraft and electricity, that will be created in the process. Third is the fact that the new fuel enables plastics manufacturers to proceed with new and innovative techniques without worrying about the ramifications of their products’ waste. Plastic materials tested by NSR include, but are not limited to, plastic bags, water bottles, milk containers and a wide variety of PVC materials.
Natural State Research Inc.