CDE provides C&D plant with closed circuit water treatment and recycling for Glasgow recycler
CDE C&D waste recycling plant helping turn material once left unused into a range of valuable products
This C&D recycling plant on the outskirts of Glasgow operates at a capacity of 120 tonnes per hour and includes closed circuit water treatment and recycling.
When most people look at an expanse of construction, demolition and excavation material they see only waste. Andrew Thompson, Director at William Thompson & Son, is able to see things differently with the introduction of a CDE C&D waste recycling plant, "This material which was once left unused can now be washed, screened and sorted into a range of valuable products."
William Thompson & Son have been in business since 1946 at their site in Dumbarton Glasgow. The company began in 1946 as a quarrying business. Now as they celebrate their 70th year in business they offer a wide range of products for the construction sector. The most recent addition to the Group is Thompson's Recycling & Landfill which recycles construction, demolition and excavation waste in its 120 tonnes/hr wash plant, which was installed in January 2016.
William Thompson & Son are able to supply the C&D waste recycling plant using material exclusively from their landfill site as well as imported material. This was the original Rigangower quarry which was then used for disposal of construction and excavation waste. The C&D recycling plant will now be utilised to turn these waste materials into a range of products with a commercial value.
Andrew Thompson, Director, commented, "We are able to recycle around 80% of the landfill material."