Optimism Fuels Brisk Sales Activity at CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE 2017
Total attendance neared 128,000 for the week
CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE 2017 attendees came to Las Vegas ready to buy as exhibitors said they had enjoyed tremendous sales activity throughout the week.
As multiple construction and manufacturing industry segments converged on the Las Vegas Convention Center from March 7-11, 2017, manufacturers and customers voiced widespread economic optimism.
“This has been one of the best editions of CONEXPO-CON/AGG – ever,” said Rich Goldsbury, 2017 CONEXPO-CON/AGG chair and CEO and President Doosan Bobcat North America & Oceania. “Exhibitors are writing sales at an incredible pace, and attendees clearly came to Las Vegas to buy.”
"There was an element of confidence and pent-up demand at the show," said Dave Foster, Vice President for Marketing & Corporate Communications at Volvo CE. "These are not tire-kickers. These are people who are willing to buy multiple machines for work they have now and anticipated growth based on a renewed confidence in the market."
A series of key metrics reflected the improved conditions, which were bolstered by a new pricing strategy intended to reinforce the overall quality of CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE 2017 attendees.
- U.S. buyer attendance jumped over 16 percent from the 2014 show, and total buyer attendance improved by almost 8 percent.
- Overall contractor and producer attendance grew by 10 percent.
- Total attendance neared 128,000 for the week.
- Almost half of all attendees serve in executive positions at their company, and more than 3-in-5 attendees serve in a decision-making role.
- Almost 26,000 international attendees from 150 countries braved global headwinds including a strong dollar and flagging export markets and composed nearly 20 percent of overall attendance.
- Attendees purchased a record-breaking 52,000 tickets for education sessions at the show, a 26 percent increase from the 2014 show. Total ticket sales excluding IFPE jumped by over 27 percent compared to 2014.
“I think there is a noticeable difference in the attendees at this show, and the difference is their optimism,” said Gradall Industries President and 2017 Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) Chair Michael Haberman. “Optimism was on display throughout the show, and the traffic was excellent.”
At the same time, the technological change revolutionizing these industries was pervasive across the shows’ record 2.8 million-plus net square feet of exhibits featuring a record 2800-plus exhibitors from the leading U.S. and global manufacturers, from multinational giants to small firms with specialized products.
The world’s first 3D-printed excavator, the brand-new Tech Experience and a stellar education lineup anchored a forward-looking vision for construction and infrastructure on display at CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE 2017.
March 14-18, 2023
Las Vegas, NV