Coast Waste Management Association welcomes new board members
The Coast Waste Management Association (CWMA), a membership association serving the solid waste and recycling industry in coastal British Columbia, is pleased to welcome three new directors to serve a two year term and help guide the association in the coming years.
"The board represents the diversity of stakeholders who make up the membership of CWMA," said Anke Bergner, Chairperson of CWMA.
The new CWMA board consists of eight leaders who each serve a two-year term. They represent a diverse group of organizations, including local government, non-profit organizations and private industry:
- Jeff Ainge, Zero Waste Coordinator, Regional District of Nanaimo
- Anke Bergner, Solid Waste Planner, Capital Regional District
- Avery Gottfried, Solid Waste Planning Engineer, Tetra Tech EBA Inc
- Peter Grant, Manager, Salt Spring Island Community Services
- Harmony Huffman, Senior Environmental Technologist, Cowichan Valley Regional District
- Jerry Kupiak, Owner, Sun Coast Waste
- Mark Kurschner, President, Product Care Association
- Jacqueline Tudor-Jones, Account Coordinator, Vancouver Island, Cascades Recovery Inc
"We rely on the wisdom and experience of waste and recycling professionals to ensure we meet our objectives to encourage and promote the development of local solutions for the management of waste”, said CWMA Executive Director Will Burrows. “I believe our board represents the industry well with professional and dedicated individuals that can expertly guide us to increase awareness and understanding of issues, problems and opportunities related to waste management”