Recycling Product News Logo

W.S. Tyler and Major Wire form unique global screening alliance

Germany’s Haver & Boecker - owner of St. Catharines, Ontario-based W.S. Tyler Canada Ltd., - and Montreal-based Major Wire Industries Ltd. have reached an agreement to establish a global screening alliance starting on January 1, 2012.

Bringing together their collective experience of more than 250 years in screening and a broad product line involving vibrating screens, washing and pelletizing equipment and screen media, the alliance seeks to expand growth opportunities while further strengthening their current capabilities with customers throughout North America and globally.   

Representing its parent company Haver & Boecker, W.S. Tyler will initially acquire a 40% share of Major Wire Industries on January 1, 2012, and purchase the remaining 60% in 2016.  

In North America, W.S. Tyler has Canadian facilities in St. Catharines, Ontario, and Edmonton, Alberta, and a U.S. facility in Salisbury, North Carolina, while Major Wire has operations in the Montreal area and a U.S. facility in Puyallup, Washington.   

W.S. Tyler management has asked Major Wire to manage its Salisbury woven wire facility with the intent to serve Major Wire’s extensive dealer network throughout the U.S. and in Latin America. All remaining operations for both companies within North America and globally will continue to operate independently. W.S. Tyler and Major Wire dealers and representatives throughout the world will also continue serving their respective customers and prospects as they do today.  

“Our alliance with Major Wire will prove to be a unique opportunity for two family-owned manufacturers to effectively employ their combined strengths and expertise to the benefit of the North American and global mining, mineral and aggregate markets,” commented Walter Haver, joint owner of Haver & Boecker. “It is clearly a win-win for all personnel, sales channels, vendors and most of all, the customers we serve.”   

“A few years ago, I began developing a succession plan that would ensure that Major Wire would continue to expand and provide a long-term opportunity for our employees after I retire,” explained Jean Leblond, president and owner of Major Wire Industries. He added that he has found a partner that shares the same values, desire to invest in the future and focuses on the customer first.   

W.S. Tyler pioneered many of the standards that the mining, industrial mineral and aggregate industries operate under today. The company has specialized in designing, manufacturing and servicing custom screening technology for more than a century. It also has an Architecture & Design division that creates unique design solutions made out of woven wire. Since being purchased by Haver & Boecker in 1997, W.S. Tyler has introduced a new wave of innovation in screening technology while also branching out into environmentally friendly technologies, including washing and pelletizing.   

Major Wire is a leading manufacturer of innovative screen media, including Flex-Mat 3 Tensioned and Modular and OptimumWire® Woven Wire, throughout the world serving aggregate, mining, recycle, asphalt, slag, green waste, top soil and related customers. Its most popular product line, Flex-Mat 3, revolutionized the screening industry more than 15 years ago and continues to provide solutions to common screening challenges while increasing production, product value and delivering a strong return on investment.

Company info

225 Ontario St.
St. Catharines, ON
CA, L2R 7B6


Read more